Dreadlocks hairstyles have shown up in various cultures through the early human history. They date back to the ancient times much before they gained popularity because of the alternative culture. The dreadlock hairstyles have been able to hold their own even against some very contemporary hairstyles of the day by transcending the culture, social status and time.
1. Classic Dreadlock Hairstyle for Men
The talk about dreadlock hairstyle is impossible without having a mention of the iconic figures like Bob Marley who has sported this hairstyle with style. When the name of Bob Marley comes up, the image of his famous dreadlock hairstyle comes in front of you. He sported the free-form dreadlocks throughout his career up until his untimely death. Bob Marley washed his hair, but never combed it and using a special bees wax he maintained the dreadlocks in place. It takes many years to achieve long and thick dreadlocks like Bob Marley, who always sported them.
2.Free-Form Dreadlocks Styles for Men
The free-form dreadlocks are not as planned as the two strand twists. This style is also known as Neglect locks and is mostly seen outside the United States on the African American men. The free-form dreadlocks in this image are made on a shorter hair and look pretty clean. If you look at the name literally, the free-form locks involve natural formation of this cool hairstyle.
3. Undercut Dreadlock Hairstyles for Black Men
The undercut is a good combination with the long dreadlock. You can even open your dreadlock if you want to hide the undercut. It is a good combination of clean-cut and manly looks. This style nicely blends into a full head of locks. You can choose to add fade to any length and style of dreads.
4. Mid-Back Length Dreads
5. Taper Fade Short Dreadlock Styles for Men
6. Dreads with Shaved SidesIf you don’t prefer a full undercut for whatever reasons, but still want to shape your dreadlocks, then you need to have a look at this hairstyle. The image shows a man with full dreadlocks, but they are carefully created and shaped towards the front with the back and the side portions slightly shaved. The trimming on the sides have been subtle and not shaved clean.
7. Weaved Shoulder Length Locks
8. 90s Style Short Dreads
10. Braided Dreadlocks Styles for men
11. Easy Dreadlock Hairstyles for Men
12. Twisted Back Braided Dreadlocks Styles for Men
13. Long Locks Faux Hawks
14. Low Dreadlock Styles for Men
15. Dreadlock Hairstyles for Men with Head WrapHead wrap is a nice accessory to have if you are wearing a long hairstyle like the dreadlocks. This ensures the base is highlighted and the face is clear of any hair making it look clean. If you want a full wrap, just tie the head wrap nicely around the dreads and you are ready to go.
Whether you want a tapered fade or an undercut, the dreadlocks have a nice way to transform a seasonal hairstyle into a sure shot street-style attraction that will never be missed. If you are planning to get an upgrade from your everyday look, then look no further and switch to the dreadlock hairstyles for men. The above trends will hopefully help you decide a suitable dreadlock hairstyle.